Whelp

| 23 March 2009

Friday: Last episode of Battlestar Galactica. I could take it or leave it.


Saturday: Transferred orange-zest-infused hefeweizen into keg containing two quarts of blood orange juice for carbonation. Cleaned a dirty carboy. Bought and started a wine kit. Easiest. Brewday. Ever.

Made lemon-rosemary-thyme marinated chicken with port & onion reduction, with saffron & green onion rice, and steamed asparagus for dinner. In a word: awesome. Did you know some people lack the gene to smell what I'll lovingly call "asparagus pee?" I didn't.


Sunday: Curling season at Dakota Curling Club started! I drove up early to help setup and teach a "Learn to Curl" class. Following the class my team played and lost our first game of the season. It was rough playing with a new player who's a complete novice but he jumped right in, did his best, and had a few great shots.

Whelp Kiddos, as made evident by my last post the current owners countered my offer. After curling I learned the counter's details: Me paying closing and meet-in-the-middle selling price. I wasn't surprised by their counter but thought I could eek out a little bit more from them considering current market conditions. Current plan: counter the counter.


Monday:
Called my aunt-the-realtor and said I want to counter with a reduced asking price. About an hour later she emailed me back saying the sellers won't budge on the price.

Decision time. Accept the counter or walk away?



I accepted and am closing April 30!

(Dawn, I changed my mind and decided moving into a house, moving out of an apartment, and cleaning said apartment over the course of three days would be a bit too stressful. Now I have an entire month to take down curtains, shelves, move, and clean.)


Tuesday
: Came into work and talked with one of my coworkers. His brother was in town through Monday looking for a house. He told me March is a rough time to buy a house in Rochester as this is when Mayo Clinic doctors start their residency. He said his brother's list went from 40 houses to 30 in the course of a day due to sales closing. That explains the seller's behavior with respect to the counter-counter offer.

I just signed and submitted the acceptance. All the appliances are definitely staying and the electric fireplace might stay (I could care less).

Now I have an inspection, appraisal, walk through, loan application and major packing ahead of me before April 30.


Memorial day in Rochester? Maybe I'll roast a chicken. ;-)

0 wise cracks: