Hold your horses

| 01 April 2009

Here I am, 29 days away from closing, when I get a phone call from my-aunt-the-realtor. She informed me that the sellers were unable to close on the house they wanted and that they want to push closing back to May 29.

That is not an April Fools Joke.

I told my-aunt-the-realtor that my loan lock expires May 5 (and I definitely want that rate), I've submitted my lease-break form, and I cannot clean a house, move, and clean an apartment in 2.5 days. Not going to happen.

I told her I'm willing to rent back to the owners if they're out before May 22nd. That's three weeks after closing and a full seven weeks from today.

Naturally this throws a wrench into my already made plans but I think I'm taking this whole thing rather well.

9 wise cracks:

dm said...
Wed Apr 01, 03:19:00 PM CDT

sounds to me like they need to find a new place real quicklike.

Zeke said...
Wed Apr 01, 03:25:00 PM CDT

agreed. otherwise they're SOL as I've met/will meet all my contingencies.

Rachel said...
Wed Apr 01, 04:28:00 PM CDT

Who sells a house without having another place lined up? Sheesh.

dm said...
Wed Apr 01, 06:52:00 PM CDT

In this economy, it's the smart thing to do, sell before you buy a new place, but it's not Zeke's problem. They have to be out, and if they have to stay with relatives or at a hotel, well, that's what they have to do.

Zeke said...
Wed Apr 01, 08:46:00 PM CDT

Exactly. I just read over the PA and there's no seller's contingency. I'm doing this out of the kindness of my small, black, heart. :-)

theresa said...
Thu Apr 02, 01:24:00 PM CDT

Luckily you're a nice guy. The sellers are lucky. I would kick them out :)

theresa said...
Thu Apr 02, 01:25:00 PM CDT

OMG. I just noticed you took your word verification off. Thanks!

Zeke said...
Thu Apr 02, 03:46:00 PM CDT

I added word verification because the blog received comment spam.

Hopefully they've stopped spamming after a few years of Captia.

dm said...
Thu Apr 02, 05:10:00 PM CDT

I hate word verification, that makes me happy too.