It's that time of the year...

| 10 May 2007

and I don't mean baseball season. It's moving time!

Well, it's not really moving time but it's time to start looking (damn two month warning period). By the end of the month I need to know where I'm living for the next 12 months.

Now, being a pet owner severely limits my options. Specifically, being a dog owner severely limits my options. In Rochester, there are three places I was considering: The Village at Essex, Quarry Ridge, and GrandeVille at Cascade Lake.

After talking with a friend about her experience at "The Village" (of the Damned) I realized that it's not a place I want to live. Turns out they also offer Section 8 housing at their property. That means one of her friends woke up to an arm coming through a cut in a screen window. No way will I live there.

Yesterday I cut out a bit early and went to Quarry Ridge. I learned there's one one bedroom available, a handicap unit. I looked at the place and for the price it isn't worth it. Sure there's underground parking and a pool, but still, it's a small overpriced apartment.

Which brings us to today and GrandeVille. Think townhouse meets apartment. I'm really digging "The Aspen" on first floor. Right now I have a two bedroom townhouse, and I hardly ever use my second bedroom. It sits empty as an office and a greenhouse for my pepper and rosemary, respectively. The particular unit I was shown is two doors down from the lake (sweet!) and in the back of the development. Nice and quiet.

Amenities: Pool with cabana (think grill, fridge, sink, prep area), exercise equipment, tanning, sauna, clubhouse, personal garage and private entrance. Oh and the unit I was shown had a fireplace.

Price: It's more than what I pay now, but I'll be paying less in utilities.

Other: It's in Rochester and not PI. It's close to a kick-ass sledding hill and a produce market (yes, they belong in the same sentence). The daily commute will be 10 minutes instead of 25. Oh, and they like pets.

So, yeah. I really like this place. What do you guys think?

3 wise cracks:

theresa said...
Thu May 10, 05:44:00 PM CDT

an imagination room? that's pretty frickin sweet!

dawnmarie said...
Thu May 10, 06:48:00 PM CDT

Wow. Nice place, Zeke. I'l be there for my roasted chicken.

Rachel said...
Thu May 10, 06:50:00 PM CDT

i like the imagination room. very cool.