Moved in

| 06 May 2009

It's now day 7 of home ownership.

Rooms touched up: Bedrooms & bathroom & kitchen wainscoting
Rooms repainted: Kitchen (we couldn't find the original color)
Other painted: Inside of kitchen cabinets.
Rooms left to touch up/repaint: Living room, office, kitchen, basement.

Funny story about the kitchen: My mom and aunt volunteered to paint and do touch-ups. Unfortunately they couldn't find the original paint for the kitchen and didn't like the alternatives (my aunt was bold enough to try each of the remaining colors on the kitchen walls).

We got back from the apartment with a load of stuff and my mom says, "We're going to Home Depot to get more paint. We couldn't find the original color and don't like the ones here."

My response, "Go for it."

I now have a Mocha colored kitchen. Unfortunately the paint changed colors mid-paint-session and needs a second coat to cover up Behr's mistakes.

I still have a lot of totes to unpack but that number shrinks every day.

Left to unpack: Kitchen, master bedroom, books.

On a positive note I did get a new toy... a weed-whacker (or edger for the rest of you). It's a fun toy :)

2 wise cracks:

Jessica Magelky said...
Wed May 06, 06:44:00 PM CDT

A wah-eed wah-acker? Out of all the fun things you buy you buy an edger?

Zeke said...
Thu May 07, 10:15:00 AM CDT

I needed to trim around the steps and street sign! I felt really bad when I left to buy said edger and lawn bags because the lawn looked like shit.